photography by Imajworx
Hello My Crowned Tribe!
Happy Saturday! One of my favorite times of the year is approaching, Summer, so I decided to embark on a much needed collaboration. This collab is very meaningful to me giving that this person has played a huge part in one of the most recent transitions of my life. I'm truly looking forward to opening a new chapter within my passion. Without futher ado, I will be collaborating with Tifarah Naava, art director, assistant director and blogger of " Unveiling Naava". This summer will kick off "UNVEILED + CROWNED". We will be sharing both of our personal and professional advice, insight and journey. You have officially been introduced to the debute of "UNVEILED + CROWED"! Happy Feet!!
As a celebratory brunch we decided to dine at Fritti followed by a relaxing stroll through Atlanta's Belt-line. Atlanta's Belt-line is a new addition to one of many walking and biking trails in the metro Atlanta area. Passing through historic up and coming neighborhoods with tons to see such a shops, dining, art and parks stimulated convos and brainstorming towards all that "UNVEILED + CROWED" will bring! So adjust your crown, you may enter unveiled...
My Key Benefits of Collaborating:
1. Collaboration can inspire you. It is easy to get into a routine during the day-to-day operations of your business and forget that there may be a better way to do something, different techniques to try, and new tools that can save you time and money.
While you can read blogs, magazines, and books for inspiration, if you are not communicating, sharing, and discussing that information, the benefits are limited. It is vital to get outside of your own head in order to get a fresh perspective, trigger your creativity, review incoming information objectively, and add new contexts to the data you are gathering so you can use it effectively. Going beyond what you do and see each day to explore collaboration can be inspiring and help you think in a new way.
2. Collaboration helps you grow your network. Successful entrepreneurs have a common interest in meeting new people and building a list of contacts and colleagues. Being successful in business requires that you consistently make connections and form alliances. Imagine how your business would dwindle if you continued to network with and sell to the same group over and over again. Although, every contact you make may not result in collaboration, every time you reach out to someone to explore the possibility, you are expanding your network.
3. Collaboration is edifying. One of the biggest benefits of collaboration is the opportunity for growth and knowledge. In fact, every interaction you have with someone outside of your immediate circle can teach you something valuable. Some of the most successful collaborations involve two professionals who bring two very different skill sets, perspectives, and strengths to the table. When this happens, you are certain to be amongst learning opportunities. Expanding yourself should be something that is essential for your well-being.
4. Collaboration can help you save money. Joining forces can assist in splitting intellectual contribution, hands-on projects, and, sometimes, expenses. If you collaborate with another business and part of the terms involve sharing development and marketing expenses, you can double your budget while reducing costs. You also may partner with someone that have the skill sets, and resources that you need for a particular post you are working on. Bonus, it provides all of the parties involved with equal investment with the success of the collaboration.
5. Collaboration solves problems. The saying is true..."two minds are better than one".
If one person can't accomplish something on his or her own, two, three or more people may be able to get it done.
Think about the last difficult problem you faced. When we get stumped, most of us immediately go to an outside source, mentor, or other trusted people who act as a sounding board. Essentially helping us work through the issue at hand. And when you add new viewpoints and experiences, the end result will often transcend what you originally planned.
What Tifarah Naava brings to me, my blog and my brand...
1. My Graphic Designer
Let me start by saying, I had 0 knowledge when it came to web design, graphic design, images for social media literature, etc. She is the brains behind it all. The information I have gained from her is truly priceless. It definitely helps that she knows me enough to know I'm very picky (a.k.a. indecisive lol!) when it comes to my craft. I have a standard and will not settle. To say that she captured my vision better than I could have imagined is an understatement. I can't thank her enough for blessing me with tools that I can carry with me forever!
2. An Inner Voice
So, how many times have you thought of a plan\idea? How many times have you voiced this plan or idea to someone and they literally stop and ask....Ok, so when are you going to do it?? Well that's Tifarah! Now as much as I can't stand to be called out by my sister, she's usually pushing me to do something that I've been telling my self to do forever. She has been that inner voice that we sometimes ignore because 9 times out of 10 we are embarking on an uncomfortable part of this journey called life. I'm usually the one to encourage others in that way now the time has come to be on the receiving end.
3. Simply A Sister
We literally have been at each others neck over the course of our lives together but what sibling's hasn't. We have learned so much about one another over the past decade which plays a huge part in our collaboration. She has learned some of my strengths and some of my weaknesses when it comes to my career which helps me with balancing my priorities. Although there are many moments I'm pushed in a constructive way, against my will lol , it's necessary. Being an entrepreneur comes with a great deal of balance and prioritizing which I'm still trying to figure out. Having a sister that your close to can bring about the clarity needed in some ways especially being that she's walking the same path. I'm truly looking forward to the greatness this collaboration can and will bring even within our sisterhood.
Now, go over to the Unveiling Naava Blog
and subscribe forTifarah's views on collaborating and what I bring to her blog, brand and personal life.